torsdag 28. oktober 2010

My Travel to London; 1st post


Someone told me that traveling around in London is like jumping into a beautiful postcard. A few days in this city would be an amazing way to spend my vacation. I’m so excited I can’t wait. Now I’d like you to read, enjoy and be inspired by my travel blog as my journey around in this wonderful and outstanding city proceed.
Then suddenly one Monday I was on my way to the land who is the owner of a white flag with a red cross in it. The flight to London was ready for departure at 6 PM. I sat next to a very pleasant local man from London. He told me everything I wanted to know about this interesting and fascinating city, and the country it belongs to. England is a part of the United Kingdom, which is an archipelago located west in Europe. The UK includes following countries; England, Scotland, North Ireland and Wales. England has a big population, with over 50 million inhabitants. London is the capital of England. With approximately 7.8 million citizens it is one of the largest cities in Europe. The city is an economical and political centre for all of Europe and plays an important role in maintaining stability in the international marked.
The English man told me that a lot of thrilling events have taken place in London throughout the history. The citizens have been invaded by the Romans, and by Norwegian and Danish Vikings. In 1665 the city was hit by a horrifying pest, which killed 70 000 people. The year after the pest, an appalling fire broke out and only one-fifth of the city was unharmed and almost 13 000 buildings were burned down. Furthermore, he could tell me that under the Second World War, London was unfortunately bombed by the German air force. Large areas were reduced to rubble. Industrial buildings, public houses and residential areas were massacred and destroyed. London and other British cities were bombed 57 nights in a row. These stories made me frightened; it’s so terrible that so many unpleasant events have taken place in this city. However, although London has experienced a lot of bad things, the city today is considered as a very modern and successful city.
When I finally arrived at my hotel, I started to check my schedule. Tomorrow, I was supposed to visit Tower Bridge, Madame Tussauds, Big Ben and Buckingham palace. Oh dear God, it should be a hectic day.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar