torsdag 28. oktober 2010

2nd post:

I woke up the next morning in my hotel room and walked out on my balcony. I had an overwhelming view from my suite in 7th floor. I noticed Big Ben, Buckingham Palace and Tower Bridge. All these sights were remarkable and outstanding. The fact that approximately 20 million tourists visit the city annually, tells that London a very attractive destination for eager travelers from places all over the world. I thought I might not be the only one visiting these attractions this day.

I first went to visit Tower Bridge. The bridge was built as a consequence of London’s expanding economics in the 19th century. It is shaped in a typical British medieval style with two towers with connection to each other. Tower Bridge is made like a bascule bridge so the bridge would open and let bigger boats pass. It was an outstanding bridge, which radiated beautiful English culture and history. It sure is a remarkable landmark for London.

My next stop was Madame Tussauds, a wax museum worthy a visit. It was founded by Marie Tussauds, a significant and talented wax artist who lived in the last half of the 1700s. Inside the museum you could see a lot of real size famous persons made of wax. Despite the fact that these persons was made of wax, If no one told me, I would believe they were real. I saw the invincible boxer Mohammed Ali, the king of pop; Michael Jackson, the German Nazi; Adolf Hitler, and a lot of famous actors like Troy Bolton and Tom Cruise.

My third visit was Big Ben. A giant bell placed at the north end of the Palace of Westminster. Palace of Westminster is where the British parliament is located. Big Ben is, with its 98 meters, the third highest clock in the whole wide world. It sure was worthy a visit. Next to the clock tower I was noticing a giant Ferris wheel. I walked over there and asked a random guy what it was. He told me that it was the London Eye, the tallest Ferris wheel in Europe. The Ferris wheel contains 32 egg-shaped capsules that allow people to see a pretty amazing view over London. I just had to try it, and I was so scared! Although the view was outstanding, I could not focus on anything but the height.

The last stop of the day was Buckingham palace. Buckingham palace is the home of the British royal family. The palace was built in 1703 and got more than 600 rooms! When the queen spends in Scotland every summer, then the palace offers guided tours in parts of the royal building. Unfortunately for me it is April, and I am not allowed to go inside this time. Despite the disappointment it sure was a pleasure watching the building’s facade.


Today was an exhausted day, but I’ve seen a lot, and now I’m ready for bed. Sleep tight.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar