torsdag 28. oktober 2010

3rd post:


In London you might enjoy a delightful cup of warm stunning tea or consume a terrific British breakfast. I did both. During my stay, an English breakfast was an obligatory start of the day. Usually it was fried eggs, bacon, sausages and toast. Yummy, there is no need to starve in this city.
As the day went on, I visited several cafes, only to enjoy an exquisite cup of English tea. The Englishmen sure know how to make great tea. The tea came to England as a result of colonizing in China. Travelers came home with this warm stunning drink all the way from the Asian continent, to please the inhabitants of the British island. Chinese people invented the tea; however it is one of those things we might attach the most to England.
I sat at a café at Oxford Street. I glanced at the enormous crowd of hectic and stressed people walking from stores to stores freaking out with their credit cards. Oxford Street is one of the busiest shopping streets in Europe, with almost two kilometers of stores and warehouses. The range of shopping options is almost endless. You can find music stores like HMV, shopping centers like Selfridge and brand clothes like Nike and Lewis. I had to struggle not to spend too much money. However, the most exclusive and distinguished stores are located at Knightsbridge, a street west in London. Knightsbridge is where the upper-classes live. The street contains luxurious apartments and working offices, and expensive brand stores. I decided not to go there, in fear of spending the last money I got.
London is a city that embodies historical aspects and cultural contents. Despite the fact that London is Europe’s economical and political centre, you can’t avoid noticing its cultural content. In this city you may watch a musical, go to opera or visit a theater. If you decide to amuse yourself, I can guarantee that you will not be disappointed. Either you prefer entertaining musicals, hilarious comedies, or classic English Drama. I spent the afternoon at the Royal Albert Hall, a famous concert hall located in South Kensington. The hall got its name after Prince Albert who lived from 1819 to 1861. Royal Albert Hall is often used to host enormous music arrangement. Not only classic music, but also pop and rock groups have played on the stage of this well-known concert hall. The hall can accommodate 9000 spectators, but they rarely allow more than 7000 with regard to safety. 
It is evening in London. Now I’ve packed my luggage and I’m ready for destination Norway. It sure has been an educational and exciting trip with a lot of new impulses. However I’m looking forward to come home to my own country and enjoy my normal everyday life.  Good bye!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar